Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The New Zealand Invasion

Our friend Jess and her coworker Brya came into town for a work conference and stayed at the Kiefer/Ecklund inn. Unfortunately it coincided with the pink eye incident earlier described. As far as I know, no one else got my pink eye...which is the only good thing I can say about having it.

We had a great, busy time. Some of the activities were volleyball, trivia (they won), dancing (I worked the door instead of dancing...sniff, sniff), karaoke at Will's, game night at Dave's and more dancing. Oh yeah, they also went to their 4 day conference.

With all of the activities (and over half I didn't even attend) I can only hit the highlights:

-The parking lot attendant at the Turnverein directing me for about 10 minutes on parking my car in the exact place he wanted it.
-Cramming two bikes and a stroller into Matt's car with the car seat installed late at night in front of Jess and Brya's boss (she was impressed I got everything to fit)...then trying to get it all out again at home.
-Going to Taco Bell for a late night snack, taking pictures there, and having Matt ask, "Do they really want to go to Taco Bell?" when I him asked for directions.
-Laughing so hard I couldn't stand up when Brya split her pants playing a Wii game. I'm thinking if it was bad of me to laugh so hard at the time, it must be even worse to be writing about it here.

Game Night (no, my eyes weren't THAT red)


Brya

No comments:

Post a Comment