Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We Sure Cleaned that Store Up

As I mentioned before, we have a family membership to the children's museum, and it has been great fun! This last time we spent some time in the kids' grocery store where they have little carts, plastic food, a mini checkout lane...even kid-sized Whole Foods aprons. Too cute! It was particularly fun this time because when we got there, it was a mess...and there weren't really that many kids inside, so it was surprising. After watching for a little bit, I spotted the culprit. There was a boy (I never did figure out who was "watching" him) who was maybe 6-years-old who was filling carts full of plastic food and dumping them on the floor. I could hardly handle the mess, so I started picking up the food and putting it away (I need help, I know). When the boy kept dumping it out on the floor, I told him he should help me clean the store up instead. I told him we needed to make it look nice so we could get more customers. It worked like a charm. He helped me put the food back on the shelves. At one point he was moving vegetables from one bin to another because they were on sale (all his idea). Unfortunately Elias wandered out, so I had to leave in a hurry. Later on in another part of the museum the boy spotted me and said, "We sure cleaned that store up." We sure did. I'm hoping he got promoted from shelver to manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment