Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Went in at the Mischievous Laughing

Last weekend we came home from the mountains on Sunday morning, and Elias fell asleep on the way. I knew it wasn't likely that he would take another nap after lunch, but I had to try. A girl's got to have her me time. It started with Elias singing songs (innocent enough), and then there was some scrapping and banging. After a while I heard, "Oh, no. All gone." repeatedly. When he started giggling uncontrollably, I went in to see what he was up to. He had pushed the chair over to his shelves and gotten down the eye drops, opened them and was trying to put them in his eyes (why he loves eye drops I have no idea). It seems as though every nap time these days provides some tough decision making. Do I get Elias "up" from his nap before he falls asleep, or do I spend time cleaning up his room after his nap time is over. Time by myself almost always wins. Broom and dustpan, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment