Monday, September 27, 2010

Random Song Thoughts

I think it is pretty cool that Elias has been able to keep the beat for about 6 months now. Maybe 2 is a pretty common age to be able to drum along...although I suppose I do know quite a few people my age who have trouble. Let's hope he picks up some good dance moves while he's at it.

Elias likes a few specific country songs they play on the radio. Unfortunately, he doesn't quite understand radio yet. He always wants me to play his favorite songs on the radio, but I keep telling him they only play what they want...I have no control. Many times he gets mad and just wants me to turn it off. He likes the, "We don't have a lot of Mommies" song (which is really the song "Free" by the Zac Brown Band, and goes, "No we don't have a lot of money."), and he likes the "Uh, Oh" song where Elias always reminds me that we have to be careful of the sharp knife (which is really, "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry and has a line, "The sharp knife of a short life."). I think it is fun that he is really starting to listen to the lyrics.

Elias likes to sing a lot at home too. He has been bringing home some new songs from school. It always takes a while for us to get the lyrics down (and I'm still not quite certain how they go), but here are two below:

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. That's Saturday (shouted). That's Saturday (shouted).

They told me get a penny. I do not have a penny. Say, bubble gum (spin your hands around and around during the bubble gum part), bubble gum, bubble gum, bubble gum, POP! (clap on the POP part). Repeat for nickle, dime (which Elias calls diamond), quarter and dollar.

If you want to hear the tunes, you'll have to call and ask Elias to sing them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment