Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Galloping Goose

Ahhh, to think back to the snow and cold. What a good time to recount the great skiing adventure. On April 16th, Matt took Elias skiing for the first time. He loved getting his hip yellow ski boots and skis at the rental shop. Size 6, the smallest they had.


Ezra, Elias and I walked to the bunny hill while Matt carried his and Elias' skis up to the lodge to get Elias a ticket. I got more than a few pity-filled looks as we worked our way from the parking lot to the Galloping Goose lift.


After a a bit of struggling, the skis were on and everyone was ready.

Maybe I would consider taking up skiing if Matt picked me up and helped me get on and off the lift...
And held me up as we came down the mountain. They did about 5 runs coming down pretty fast. Matt got quite the workout.
Only one minor injury when Matt pushed Elias to give him some speed, and instead of moving forward he bent at the waist and slid on his head. Why is it always his eye? We need to invest in a full face helmet.

They went back the next weekend, rode the magic carpet and even took a green run on the real mountain. I guess next year it's the half pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment