Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dessert Feast with Dinner

We had some great folks (Shari, Brad, Mika and Sara) over for dinner the other night and had a wonderful time. We had some yummy homemade enchiladas, but the really exciting part were the desserts. There were chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, carrot cake and chocolate cupcakes with some kind of cream cheese filling...a dessert feast with dinner as a side note. Just my style. We hadn't seen everyone in a while, so it was nice to finally catch up. It seems like it is harder and harder to find time to be with friends. Kids become giant time suckers; there is no time to hang out with good people, certainly no time to get all of the errands done, and the days, weeks and years fly by. As a friend so eloquently put, "sigh".

1 comment:

  1. That sounds terrific! I'm glad you had a great time. I took a few moments to imagine the experience of each item as I read through your posting.

    Don't lose hope; I often have friends with small kids over for dinner. I think it just takes some personal resolve not to get walled off from the world. I need to stay focused on that myself since work, though generally rewarding and often fun, can be torture for my inner introvert. Left to my own devices, I gravitate unconsciously into a pattern of avoiding all unnecessary stimuli and being a hermit.

    If you all make it out to the S.F. bay area at some point, let me know and I'll see if I can top your last dinner delight. I've gotten very good marks from prior guests! Of course you're all welcome to stay here too.

    ReplyDelete