Monday, January 24, 2011

Elias Ecklund Kiefer


True to his word, Elias has been pretty good with "Baby Brother." He loves to give gentle pats, hugs, and kisses. I'm enjoying it now, while it lasts.

Those first few days where I was in the hospital or at home, but not in any shape to play with Elias were rough. He was not acting himself, and unfortunately Grandma and Grandpa got to see the worst of him. He has recovered quite a bit, but there are still a few things we need to work out:

The potty. Elias has begun peeing in his pants every time he has to go...even at school. That's a lot of pants to wash every day. Ugh. It was so nice when he was pretty much potty trained. Today I resorted to bribery. A treat if he has no accidents at school. I'm not holding my breath. I know he can do it, he has just decided to go in his pants (as we ask him if he needs to go, he says no, and then pees in his pants). Let's hope this phase passes quickly.

Nap time. Just as baby brother arrived home, Elias decided he didn't want to nap anymore. This, of course, is when I need him to nap the most (so I can nap). Luckily, we may have gotten this one resolved. We started calling it quiet time, and told him he could take whatever toys he wants to his room to play, but he has to stay inside until 3:00. Both times we sold it this way, he took a nap. Go figure.

All in all, I am quite pleased with Elias' interactions with Ezra. I know, I know. Just wait until the toy stealing begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment