Tuesday, January 4, 2011

We Made It!

Elias was out of school for ten days straight. That's a loooooong time. But we survived it.

It seems as though most people I know who have younger-ish children are stay-at-home Moms. They blog, are on facebook, and generally like to talk about how great it is to be with their kids. Of the women I know that do work, a majority of them wish they could stay at home. Huh? This is just something I will never understand. I guess there are two types of women in the world; those that feel so blessed to be able to be around their kids a majority of the time...and then me. Don't get me wrong. I love Elias and am glad to have him, but being around him 24/7 drives us both mad. He likes school, and I like work. I can't imagine what it would be like if we were at home more than 10 days in a row together.

We tried to keep busy over the break. We went to the museum, played at the mall (twice), went grocery shopping, checked out all of his new Christmas toys, got his haircut, went to the playgrounds. We had good moments and rough ones. I know we were both glad when Grandma and Grandpa arrived on Sunday afternoon, the last day of our 10 day stint.

Maybe I'll pretend that I'm not the only one who feels this way about their kids, but that I'm just the only one brave enough to say it out loud.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying and finding purpose in your work doesn't make you a bad parent - it makes you a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me - you are not the only one! My favorite is when people complain about their kids and then follow it with a "but it's all worth it". Really? I'm not sure I agree. Love the boys dearly and am glad they are here - but parenting is no easy feat...and we haven't even HIT the teenage years yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, you know I don't feel bad to be at work. I love work, if I'm doing what I love it benefits everyone, trust me :)

    ReplyDelete