Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Appalling to Some

Many of you won't understand and may even be a little appalled, but I'm finally, just now, starting to like Elias. Some people just adore babies. I've learned that I adore other people's babies. I'm definitely a fan of kids once they get a little older. Elias is starting to give out hugs and kisses, he is talking a lot (although we usually don't know what he is saying), he is beginning to know what he wants and doesn't want...all of these things gives him a personality. That makes him fun. So, while I've always loved Elias, now I'm really beginning to like him. No one really warned me that this may very well be the case, so if you haven't had any children yet, but plan to...it might take you a while to like your kid. I don't think it is that out of the ordinary...and I'm guessing it comes and goes.

1 comment:

  1. Appalled? Hardly. I'm sorry I didn't warn you - but who wants to admit such a thing?

    Just wait for about 14 years and it might be more coming than going ... but it's nice when you can have intelligent conversations about interesting things.

    ReplyDelete