Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving


What? A turkey? You must be thinking, now wait a minute...Matt and Erica are vegetarians. It's still the case, we just shared our Thanksgiving with two friends who happen to be excellent cooks...and meat eaters. We headed up to the condo on Thursday morning and cooked some super yummy food. They made the golden turkey pictured above, brussel sprouts, sweet potato casserole, wheat bread, and homemade vanilla ice cream. I made pecan pie, and Matt made stuffing, cranberry sauce and potato strudel. It was a weekend of feeling very, very full. The three of them went skiing on Friday and Saturday, and Elias and I walked to the playground. We also splurged one night and our friends made homemade fudge sauce for the vanilla ice cream. I think I ate more with just a spoon than I did on my ice cream. The way Thanksgiving should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment