Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You Want Me to What?

So, Elias had his first dentist appointment a few weeks ago. The place was great. They had a big castle inside with tons of toys for kids. We played while we waited for our appointment, and Elias loved it (the toys that is). The dentist was an older woman who was a bit over the top. She was so glad I had brought Elias in when he was 1 (I said...well he is really almost 2), and she just couldn't get over the fact that I had thought to take him to the dentist (I am apparently one of the best parents ever). The real reason to bring him in was to find out how and if we were supposed to be brushing his teeth...especially because he really doesn't like it when we do it.

To say that Elias did not like the dental exam is an understatement. But I was a little amused when I got the dentist to sing the A B C song with me to try and calm him down. It was relatively quick, and she scrapped off quite a bit of plaque. Then she proceeded to tell me we should brush his teeth dry, then with a little kid's toothpaste and then floss. This leads directly to the title of this blog, "You want me to do what?" They gave me a little flosser and told me it was a must since Elias' teeth are all crammed together (braces are very probable). The dentist was amazed that he didn't already have cavities. She said it must be because we haven't been giving him juice.

The funniest thing about this is that when it is time to brush, Elias gets very upset for the dry brushing and keeps asking when we get to floss. He doesn't mind the paste as much, but he loves the flossing. Flossing a 20-month-old's teeth...and him enjoying it. Who would of thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment