Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Drive Parents Crazy" Virus

I diagnosed Elias with Roseola last week (It lasted Wed - Sun). Some of the symptoms I found online were:

High fever that comes on quickly, rash after fever subsides, irritability.

And then I saw this statement:

The characteristic of Roseola is that infants don't seem very sick and act almost well when the high fever comes down.

They are exactly right. Elias was slowed down a bit by his fever, but after a day or two, it was gone...and he didn't seem sick. But boy was he irritable. I think he threw more tantrums during that time than he has since he was born. He didn't want to eat, got into everything he knew he wasn't supposed to, was crabby, and was waking up at 4 in the morning. He had plenty of energy, and so seemed almost well. I'd like to make a suggestion that this virus be renamed, "Drive Parents Crazy" virus. Then at least everyone would know what they were really in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment