Friday, February 19, 2010

I Saw the President Yesterday

I suppose before everyone gets too excited, I should clarify that I saw the President's motorcade yesterday (twice). When unintentional, this is not really a good thing. Obama landed at Buckley Airforce Base (where I work) yesterday around 3:00. That means no one can come or go until he is on his way, so I left once everything was back opened, around 3:30 (a 1/2 hour later than planned). Unfortunately for me, he was headed downtown, and so was I. When I was about 5 minutes from the daycare (it was a little past 4:00), all traffic stopped. I tried to maneuver my way around, but with no luck. I did manage to get pretty close to the street that was blocked off, thus getting to see the string of cars and sirens go by. I arrived at daycare at 5:00. There were going to be a lot of late arrivals that day. I gathered Elias up and headed home through the crazy traffic. We were stopped again. This time I knew there was no going around, but many other people tried. We got close to the blocked off street and got to see the motorcade once again. It was about 6:00 when we got home. Wonder what he was doing while I sat in my car all afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment