Monday, February 14, 2011

Hand-Me-Downs


I know I write about this about every few months, but I just can't get over how awesome it is to get boxes full of used clothes, toys, books, and coats for the boys. We got out the bassinet that we got from Jeanne again for Ezra, I have a closet full of winter coats from Jillyn (and I just added some more, plus some clothes...awesome!), Elias still plays with the toys from Jamie and Ezra is using the crib, my sister sent a kid CD player that was the perfect potty prize for Elias (plus clothes!), my friend Joe gave us their car seat, clothes, play mat, bounce seat, exersaucer, and high chair, and a humongous box arrived from my cousin Amy just the other day (we got one when Elias was born too). Inside were the cute bookends above, shoes, books that Elias loves, clothes for Ezra. It is like Christmas all over again. I figure it is also a bit fun for the people giving because they get to see my kids wearing some of the clothes they remember their kids wearing. Provides a little trip down memory lane. If you ever need to pause to think, "Who might like all of this old kid stuff?", ponder no more. It's me, me, me! Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment