Friday, May 6, 2011

Grandpa Don



At the end of February, my Dad came to visit. We had a great time, and he was a huge help...who could ask for more? Elias had a blast with him. We went up to condo for Mardi Gras and got tons of beads (who knew cute kids were all it took?). We rode the Cabriolet, pulled Elias in a wagon to the base (Ezra was in his sling), watched some skiers, played at the train park and then headed back. On the way home we stopped at the playground where they have community sleds. Dad and Elias took a few runs on the tiny sledding hill. What fun!

As a side note, I can't believe this is true, but I took the kids by myself and did all of these same things (minus the beads) a few weekends before Dad arrived. It certainly doesn't seem possible, but it must have been back in my delusional days. Ezra and I even pushed Elias down the sledding hill, and then walked down to help him bring the sled back up.

Dad made us some wonderful dinners. He gave Ezra a bottle and babysat while I had a work meeting. He had pillow fights with Elias. Probably Elias' favorite thing was playing with playdough and pennies. Dad would hide the pennies in the playdough, and before Elias could get them all out he would hide some more.

When are you coming back?

No comments:

Post a Comment