Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Ecklund Tradition


Ever since I can remember, my Dad has made special, out-of-this-world cakes for my sister and my birthdays. It is one of my favorite Ecklund traditions. Since this was the first time we had an actual party for Elias' birthday, naturally I had to make Elias a special cake. Having never actually done it before, but thinking back on all the neat cakes Dad had made, I figured, "How hard could it be?" HA!

Luckily, Elias' 3rd birthday party was right before I went back to work so I could devote my full attention to it. With his party being on a Saturday, I sent him to school on Friday (his usual day off) so I could prepare. I had baked the two 13 X 9 yellow cakes the night before to give me time to create a homemade guitar cake for Elias' musical birthday party. After about an hour into the assembly, with the sides all falling apart and needing more frosting, I almost quit. I managed to persevere, and about 4 hours later, the guitar cake was finished. Hooray! And so the tradition continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment