Sunday, June 5, 2011

Party Like it's 1999

It is Birthday Party Season. We have been to 5 parties (not counting Elias') since March. My cousin's two kids both had birthdays. We had hot dogs, mac n' cheese, cake and ice cream, cooked in the play kitchen, jumped in the giant bouncy ring, sculpted the playdough and chased the cat.


A stylish Carina sitting on her sister's new present

Angelina and Elias concentrating on the playdough

We went to the Denver Firefighters Museum for Dylan's party, Elias' best bud from school. The kids ran around upstairs, had cake and ice cream and then went downstairs to learn a little about firefighters. When Dylan wouldn't be the fire chief, Elias volunteered.


A slightly nervous Elias standing in front of everyone for the demonstration


The Birthday Boy driving the firetruck

Jasper, from school, had his party at a gymnastics center. The kids did an obstacle course, walked along the balance beams, slid into the pit, jumped on the trampoline and ran around like crazy. Ezra even hung on the trapeze bar and swung a little bit (that boy can grip). There was cake and ice cream too. When I asked Elias if he wanted help on the balance beam, he told me, "No Mom, they will help me, " and pointed to the cute teenagers who were running the party. And so it begins.

Elias in the pit

A very thirsty Jasper

Just yesterday we went to Monkey Business to celebrate Jack's 4th Birthday. We ran around in a big room full of giant bouncy contraptions: A giant slide, an obstacle course, a rock climbing wall. Yep, I did say "we". I got to play too. Matt hung out with Ezra while Elias, Joey (A friend from school) and I had all of the fun. As far as I could tell, I was the only adult playing. What is wrong with everyone? We ended with cake and ice cream, of course. Matt took a video of Elias going down the big slide. I'll see if I can post it later.

What I have learned about parties is no matter where you have the party or what you do, cake and ice cream make it official. Happy Birthday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment