Sunday, January 29, 2012

Inside joke


Grandma Ruth, 92

My Grandma, Ruth, turned 92 in January. We wanted to send her a little something special, so when Elias and I were in Michaels, we found just the thing. Elias wanted to do some sewing. I looked around for a sewing kit for kids, but came up empty handed. I asked a woman who worked there, and the only thing she could think of were the plastic needles and plastic mesh that you can use to put yarn through. Elias and I scoped it out, got 2 needles, chose a packet of plastic circles and some multi-colored purple-ish yarn and headed home. Elias had fun looping that thread in and out of that plastic mesh until it was ready to send (I helped quite a bit too). Now only a handful of you will truly understand why it was the perfect gift to send to my Grandma. Let's just say, Elias must have at least a few of my Grandma's genes. I'm just hoping he got even more of Aunt Serena's.


Elias' 1st sewing craft

No comments:

Post a Comment