Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ahhh, to Be Climbing Again

Luckily, I have a good friend, Shari, who has gotten into climbing.  A group of us have been hitting the gym once a week for a few months now, motivating each other to keep at it and get stronger.  Turns out I haven't lost any of my love for the sport and am glad to be getting out and doing something for myself for a change.

Coincidentally, another friend of mine has also gotten back into the sport and graciously invited me to climb outside with him and his friends in August.  So, while Matt took both kids to Abby's birthday party (Elias' friend from school), I got to spend an entire Sunday climbing at the Monastery.


Find the climber

Beautiful

Proof I was there

The view from the hike

I was also given a once in a lifetime opportunity to go climbing with George Lowe, a man who has a part of Everest named after him.  Shari and he work together, and she miraculously got him to agree to go climbing outside in September with us beginners.  Shari, Sara, Brad, Steve and I had a blast climbing with George at Clear Creek.

Rock star Shari

THE George Lowe
 
Sara and Shari

Maybe some day we can take a group of newbies out climbing, and they can write about how awesome we are on their blog...well, a girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment