Saturday, November 3, 2012

Teacher's Pet on Steroids

I think Elias goes out of his way at school to help out the teachers.  He brings in candy and rings for them, and I believe he really wants them on his side.  When asked at school what he was thankful for this year, he said he was thankful for Ms. Julie working with him (mainly reading and math work).

Back in July, I took both boys to the dentist.  It started off with Elias wanting to bring in stickers to give to the dentists and went downhill from there.  The kids also wore the dentist office shirts they gave us last time.  Elias did a great job during his cleaning and exam and had the assistant and dentist wrapped around his finger.  It was his first visit for x-rays.  The dental assistant said she had never had a young patient listen and follow directions so well.  During Ezra's exam (he didn't do nearly as good a job), the dentist said, "Where is Elias?"  I had no idea, but knew he wouldn't have gone far.  Turns out he was looking at his x-rays on the computer with his new best friend.  Just recently Elias wanted to know when we could go back.  Unfortunately, it's not until January.  Maybe they can start a drop off babysitting business on the side.

In early October, Elias wouldn't stop bugging me about getting a flu shot.  He was itching to get it done (He's crazy!), so I finally scheduled an appointment for Ezra and him.  Elias and I talked about how he would probably be fine, but that Ezra might cry.  Turns out Ezra wants to be just like his big brother, so we left with no tears from either of them.  How come at home neither of them want to impress me?  I'll take some candy gifts, them following directions and no tears any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment