Sunday, October 25, 2009

Illinois Part I


It has been a little while now, but I am finally finding time to write about our trip to Illinois...at least the first part. Elias and I flew to Chicago and helped Mom and Jim prepare for my Grandma Ruth's big 90th birthday bash. At least that is the way I like to think of it...us going out early to "help". We spent a few days watching the cars and boats, swimming in the pool and in the playroom. We also made cupcakes for the party, nailed down the party events and wrote names on name tags, etc.

We were supposed to get Matt on Saturday a the airport, but he was too sick to come (he is finally feeling better). So the four of us headed to the middle of nowhere Illinois to see family we hadn't seen in years. Some of the highlights at the party were a family tree with stickers to help the kids meet, coloring, a parade, a grand march, cupcake decorating, a nature hike and regular old running around. Sunday was a little more lowkey with the viewing of an old family video in the middle of the hotel breakfast area (I hope the people we didn't know staying at the hotel enjoyed it as much as I did), old friends of Grandma's coming to visit, outstanding cookies and regular old small talk.

It was nice to finally see those long lost cousins and catch up...just don't ask me the names of all of their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment