Friday, October 30, 2009

Public Service Announcement

Recently I have attended a few social gatherings with just Elias (Matt has been sick or busy). It is no simple task to entertain your child at someone else's house or in a public place that isn't childproof and preferably padded on all sides. I always come prepared with toys and food, but inevitably Elias loves to get into those things that are not for kids. This is no new thing, it happens at home too. The trouble is, I go to a party because I would like to talk with people, eat and enjoy myself. I have noticed that at events, if I have to constantly watch and play with Elias, no one comes and talks to me. I tried to talk to a friend at the last party, but he wouldn't follow me around and talk as I chased after Elias. So, I write this as a public service announcement. The next time you are at a party and there is someone there with child in tow, follow her (or him) around and play with their child, talk to them and make them feel like it was worth it to come out. Even if you don't have all that much to say, just think how much more conversation it will be than the last time they were at a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment