Friday, October 30, 2009

Missed Post

As I was checking my posts, I realized earlier this month I was planing on writing about getting Elias off of the bottle, but never finished it. So this is about a month behind, but Elias is using a sippy cup. Hurray!

I decided one day (and who knows where I get these crazy ideas) that Elias should transition from using a bottle to the sippy cup. I actually think we may have waited too long because it was a bit of a struggle. Elias takes a while to warm up to change (don't we all), so for a while, he just wasn't drinking milk anymore (this made Matt worry, of course). I knew he could use both kinds of cups we had because he drinks water out of them at school. One day they told me he drank a cup and a half of water out of the sippy cup, so it became a battle of the wills. After about a week, he started using one particular kind of cup pretty well, so I deemed him off the bottle. He still doesn't drink quite as much milk as he used to, but I think it is because he is eating more. That Elias just keeps on growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment